Monday, October 29, 2012

Turkey Monday

Brrr! Chilly Mississippi morning!

Yum! Hot bowl of Turkey Jook (rice porridge)

Grilling up Turkey patties.
Turkey Burgers for family luncheon.
Pest Control out on the farm.

Chilly winds out in the country!
 Went out to the country with Dad late in the afternoon. We saw a couple deers out in the fields on our way in. I saw a noisy little armadillo by an old beaver nest/dam on the other side of our property (where I had seen an alligator a couple years ago).  Dad and I still hunted by our main pond in front of the trailer for about an hour. While it was pretty chilly outside, I still had one mosquito make a kamikaze run for my forehead but she (most attacking mosquitoes are females) didn't make it!

Rising full moon (sorry crappy photo)
 On our way out, Dad pointed out a beautiful orange full moon that came right at dusk from the east. Too bad I only had my point n' shoot camera with me. We saw a weasel / cat thingee on the levee road on our way out. Didn't even think about photographing it since it moved so quickly!

meatloaf prep
Turkey Meatloaf dinner
In between watching Hurricane Sandy news coverage / WWE RAW wrestling and Monday Night Football, I made dinner for the family. Surprise, it was turkey (again); turkey meatloaf, home made mashed potatoes (with some white rice as backup), and green beans followed by store bought Sweet Potato pie. I got Dad and brother's approval for today's cooking!

So much for my "Turkey Day" Monday!

-DB-

No comments:

Post a Comment