Thursday, October 4, 2012

Mid-week

On Tuesday just after lunchtime, we experienced a city-wide power outage; the utility company blamed in on some squirrel. That some powerful squirrel there!

newly re-hydrated pond

Algae Pond
Dead possum (he wasn't just playing it).
Sun setting on Thursday evening.
Spent most of the week cleaning, and moving stuff at home as well as doing a few thing online to promote an old college alumni group. Today went with Dad to run some later afternoon errands including looking a new (used) truck, and going out to the country to check out things at the farm. We saw a big doe and two fawns on our way in as well as some varmints around our fishing pond. I found a dead possum (as in really stiffed and not playing 'possum') which I had to dispose of. The water levels still looked great out on the farm as hunting season for other critters (other than doves) will be starting soon. I did some more scouting around, saw alot of deer tracks and worried that I might run across any alligators in my walk about (I was very lightly armed with a .22 pistol). Luckily I didn't see anything bigger than a startled kingfisher. Looking forward to seeing more family during this upcoming Columbus Day weekend.

-DB-

No comments:

Post a Comment