Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tuesday Tuesday

replacement Mk I extractor assembly
Tried my hand at some gunsmithing this morning, need to cut down an extracter plunger to get a factory part to fit into my Dad's pistol.

scanning the skies for doves
Another late afternoon / early evening fishing / hunting outing with Dad today.

Dove sitting on the wire in front of me, very tempting!
I think I found a good strategy for hunting late afternoon doves; find out where they rooster overnight and wait in ambush in the shade with the sun to my back. I had four doves come right at me and was able to bag one of them.
A downed Mourning Dove
After missing a few more birds, I took a quick fishing break but went right back to hunting until sundown. Dad ended up catching a medium sized bass which we had for dinner tonight.

Not a bad day, we each brought something home for dinner tonight.

-DB-

No comments:

Post a Comment