Saturday, September 1, 2012

Opening Day

Just barely made it on Opening Day of Dove season.
 Came out with Dad about 6pm. He went fishing while I waited for any incoming doves to come my way. Meanwhile, I must have sat on an ant hill 'cause I had a whole stream of them on my arm and hands and on my shotgun. After I finally brushed off the painful buggers and had a cold Miller Lite (from my Dad, I'm his only drinking buddy) ... I sat and waited a little bit more, when a dove suddenly flew in along a treetop level to my right. I caught him with one shot. He hit the ground about 10' from me at the edge of a road. My first dove kill in years since I haven't gone on opening day since I moved to California.

A nice clean kill ... all that skeet shooting paid off!
Didn't see anymore doves until one flew by as I was walking to where Dad was fishing but the dove was alittle too far and I was late on identifying it until it was already out of range. Oh, well spent the rest the afternoon / evening Bass fishing until darkness.
Serene pond - no luck in fishing today!
 All in all it was a nice day, got some things done at home before coming out to the farm today.

-DB-

No comments:

Post a Comment