Sunday, September 2, 2012

Relaxing Sunday

Downtown G'wood
Got up a little earlier this morning. Went by the family business, picked up the Sunday newspaper and took a few photos around town.

The Local Walmart
Spent an hour or so browsing the store aisles picking up snacks / groceries, hunting clothes, fishing lures, and a carton of ...
"Moon Pies" (actually, these are 110 calorie mini ones)!
File photo: website modeling hunting clothes
On my way out, I caught sight of two blond ladies in the Walmart parking lot all dressed in hunting camos and had to do double take. Then I remembered, yeah right this is da South and women do hunt here (and of course it's opening weekend for Dove Season).

Pastor Kevin preaching to me over Skype.
During lunchtime, my technically gifted friend back in LA setup a Skype video feed for me to watch service back at my church in Orange County! How cool is that!

Dove Hunting part II
Went out to the farm with Dad. He went fishing and I went hunting, neither one of us did well today. I saw about nine plus doves but most were too far or too close to the power lines (didn't want to shoot down the lines). Fired one round at a non dove by mistake, and missed a 2nd one that flew too close to another power line, I had to wait until it cleared the line before firing and then forgot I had a 2nd trigger on the double barrel shotgun, doh!

Good thing I picked up a rotisserie chicken this morning at Walmart, otherwise no fish or birds for supper (except for the chicken of course).

-DB-

No comments:

Post a Comment