Saturday, September 15, 2012

G'smithing done!

Repairing Dad's ol' .22 Ruger Mk I
Mission accomplished! Dad filed down the factory extractor plunger, and I replaced the extractor assembly, cleaned out all the gunk built up over the years, and reassembled the entire unit. So far, the extractor seems to work but we gotta take it for live fire. I think earned a few points with my Dad today.

Texas Longhorns vs Ole Miss Rebels
 Caught the ESPN broadcast of #14 Texas visiting the Ole Miss Rebels in Oxford. It was a late night game (8:15pm kickoff). Kind of hard to watch, the Longhorns ran all over the Rebels at 66 - 31 (but atleast it wasn't a shutout). Kudos to the UT coach for showing some class at the end and not taking a last field goal against the Rebels in closing two minutes. Congrats UT and welcome to the SEC and your first visit to the Oxford Campus.

Free Premium weekend
When I wasn't watching my college football team getting ripped apart by the big bad Texas team, I was catching up on a few movies that I haven't seen yet: "The A-Team", "Planet of the Apes", "The Town", etc ....).

No comments:

Post a Comment