Monday, November 12, 2012

Fishing Redux

Late afternoon outing on Sunday.
We took a short break from going out to the farm this past week. Dad decided at the last minute to go out and check on things at the farm like at 4pm but since Day Light Savings ended last weekend, it gets really dark around 5:00pm now.
Our pond was starting to get dry again.
It was really windy and storm clouds were brewing!
The clouds made for a nice dramatic pictures.
Dad wanted to posed in front of the Ginkgo tree.
We got in some last minute fishing before heading out.
I managed to catch a bass under the cold/windy conditions.
A fuller pond on Monday.
Overnight, we had a line of strong winds, possible thunderstorms and possible tornadoes go thru the state in the early morning hours. It rain really hard for about 10 minutes and then according the weather reports, the temperature dropped like 12 degrees! It was pretty cool all day on Monday with the thermometer rarely going above 60 degrees.
Fishing - round two!
We weren't doing too much on this Veterans Day holiday so Dad and I went out to the country alittle bit earlier. It was windy and chilly out there!
A pair of bass on Monday.
So Dad and I tried our hand at fishing again. It was definitely cooler today but not as windy as yesterday (before the storm). I walked up and down the bank of the pond casting here and there. About 15 minutes into fishing, I hooked up a small bass but it slipped off my lure. Undaunted, I moved about 10 yard down and promptly caught another bass and pulled it in. Within two minutes of landing that fish, I caught an even larger one another 10 yards down the bank. I wanted to fish some more but it was starting to get darker and colder. I saw Dad heading back into the truck and starting the engine. I gather up my fishes and rod and walked up to the gravel road to show Dad my catch. He was sure surprised. He didn't even get a bite while we were out there. Alittle later, Dad made some nice Bass fried fillets for our supper tonight. Not a bad couple days at all at the fishing pond.

-DB-

No comments:

Post a Comment