Thursday, August 30, 2012

Hometown Job Fair

Rainy Thursday morning at the county Civic Center outside of town.


It's been a long while since I've been here; smaller than I remembered.

Had to fill out an application to get admission to the job fair.
For the county unemployment rate being so high (about 12 - 13%), it wasn't that crowded compared to the job fairs that I've attended back in Orange County.
Among the many local employers offerings jobs was world famous Viking Range Corporation (headquartered here in Greenwood). Unfortunately, they were only looking for engineering with CAD experiences otherwise they get contract and temps thru two of the local employment agencies.

Anyways, don't know how serious I am about finding work in my old hometown but it's atleast good to consider other options I have. One of the headhunters suggested looking in the Olive Branch area where there are more technology based work (as opposed to the many of the hourly jobs here).

No comments:

Post a Comment